This course has been specifically designed for resources professionals. In eight weeks you will develop an in-depth understanding of the JORC Code, including recognising your obligations and liabilities, demonstrating its correct applications across different industries, and appropriately applying the Code in the reporting environment under the ASX and ASIC.
Throughout this course, you will have direct access to internationally-recognised industry experts. Our facilitators ensure a supportive learning environment where participants will grasp the full capabilities of JORC Code reporting through real-life case studies and professional feedback. We will focus on all aspects of the JORC Code and ensure you are armed with knowledge that can be applied directly in your day-to-day work.
You will also have the opportunity to forge industry connections that will enhance your professional network via our interactive, community-driven online learning environment.
Following the successful completion of six modules of learning content and a final assignment, you will obtain a Professional Certificate in JORC Code Reporting.Download PDFWatch video
- Appraise the obligations and liabilities of the Competent Person under the JORC Code
- Describe a holistic view of the JORC Code and the role it plays in the minerals industry
- Interpret the JORC Code within the context of your working environment
- Apply the JORC Code in the reporting environment
- Recognise and counter common misconceptions about the JORC Code
- Identify good and poor technical reporting
- Apply the lessons learned from case studies
- Demonstrate the correct application of the JORC Code
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the JORC Code and its application
- Learn from industry experts and alongside peers in an interactive environment
Mining industry professionals involved in mineral resource and ore reserve estimation and public reporting
- Gain a deeper understanding of the JORC Code and its application
- Ensure that you are performing at the highest level expected
Mining companies listed or looking to list on the Stock Exchange
- Establish your team’s knowledge of the JORC Code’s intricacies and its application in the reporting environment
- Access a course developed by the industry’s leading experts, with input from AusIMM’s diverse professional communities
- Eight-week course consisting of six modules delivered over six weeks, with two additional weeks to complete a final assignment
- Weekly 90-minute live webinars delivered by two industry experts. Webinars will be recorded and can be viewed at a later date if participants are unable to attend the live session
- Additional associated learning resources such as real-life case studies and bespoke videos
- Interactive learning activities facilitated by industry experts throughout the course, that can be completed in participants’ own time within that module week
- Final assignment to implement knowledge with opportunity for personalised feedback from expert facilitator
- A professional certificate awarded upon completion of all learning activities and final assignment
- Course delivered via Cahoot, an industry-leading collaborative learning platform
Cahoot Learning is reclaiming the human learning experience in a digital world.
This cloud-based environment contains a wide range of course elements such as live discussions, group networking forums, interactive learning tasks and personal guidance from facilitators. These combine to create a truly engaging experience with fellow online learners and the industry’s finest experts.